If you’re like me, you’re probably headed to Target tomorrow because you didn’t realize Easter was THIS WEEKEND! Seriously, I thought I had two more weeks to get those baskets filled!
Well you’re in luck, I shopped Target yesterday and today (because of course I forgot the dye for the Easter eggs) so I’ve got you covered.
We aren’t big on buying our kids a lot of stuff. They have so many toys so I kept it simple this year. I shopped the Target dollar section and found so many great egg stuffers that will keep the kids entertained for at least 5 minutes. 🙂 Ok, but in all seriousness, I actually think these cute little cars and the wall stickers will give me an hour of peace and quiet. Anything over 15 minutes is a huge #momwin!!
Here are the items that we filled eggs with for the kids egg hunt. You should be able to find everything at your local Target.
- Bug Fingers that stick to wall
- Mini Car, planes, construction vehicles
- Easter animal wall crawlers
- Poop Fingers – Like the bug fingers, you fling them and they stick to the wall. Gross, I know, but a simple toy that I imagine should give my boys both a good laugh and another 15 minutes of fun is worth looking past the image that comes to mind when I hear poop finger.
- Candy stampers – I think the kids are supposed to stamp their tongues? If I’m going to give them candy it better entertain them as well! 🙂
- Reeses Peanut Butter eggs (minis) because Easter is not Easter without these delicious sugar-loaded Reese’s with extra peanut butter.
As for the boys “gifts” from the Easter bunny, they will get a bubble blower and each will get a John Deer tractor that I found on Amazon for $11. It’s actually more than I wanted to get them, but the lightening deal sucked me in and the tractor wheels light up in the dark. This is something the boys should have a lot of fun entertaining themselves with when my husband and I are outside at dark drinking wine and sitting around the bonfire. 🙂
I hope you have a great Easter and enjoy some of these last minute ideas. If you still need something to wear, be sure to check out the post from Tuesday which highlighted 10 great Easter outfits, many from Target!