How to Clean an Outdoor Rug
I love the look of an outdoor rug but they get absolutely disgusting after one season outside! The first year at our new house I purchased 2 outdoor rugs. By the second season I already had to throw 1 away. By the third season I decided to try power washing them and with a few small tweaks, I got them to look brand new again!! THRILLED!!!! I loved the designs and wasn’t ready to switch them out, nor did I want to spend the money. (The cream rug is at least 4 years old and the black and white rug is going on 3 years!)
What you will need:
- Flip the rugs over and power wash the backs. This will loosen up all the dirt and wash away any loose dirt.
- Flip the rug back over (you may need a helper since they get heavy when wet).
- Sprinkle OxyClean all over.
- Use the scrub brush and brush in all the Oxy Clean into the rug. Let sit (preferably in the sun) for at least half an hour.
- Move the rug somewhere where the dirt can wash down and away (or off the rug). I used our retaining wall. If you don’t do this, the dirt will just reabsorb back into the rub.
- Start power washing at the top and work your way down.
Shop More Similar Rug Options Here!
Thanks for reading!